Sunday, April 17, 2011

No IMM-instead need advice

I don't have an IMM post this week because I am on a book ban after receiving all that I did last week.

BUT I do need your advice/recommendations.

1. For my Medieval & Mediterranean History class, our final project is to create some sort of art representative of the period... whether that be dressing up like a monk or performing one of Hrotswitha the nun's plays, etc. etc.  I don't know what to do, and I think that's because I'm having a hard time really sympathizing with the primary sources & whatnot.  So I was wondering if any of you have read a fiction book set in Medieval times that you think I would enjoy and that would make me more... inspired as I create something for my class.

2. Have any of you read Eon by Alison Goodman?  I have an ARC of Eona, but I'm stuck about ten pages in, because I'm really confused as to what's going on.  I figured that with its size, the book would be one that could stand alone in the series, but now I'm not so sure and am wondering if Eon was like this as well.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I don't read many books set in the Medieval time period, but I did just finish reading Warped by Maurissa Guibord. It takes place mostly in the present but there's a lot of stuff such as dreams, memories, and the like that happen in the early 1500's (which I believe is Medieval, but I can't for the life of me remember when the Medieval time period happened. Though there are castles and kings, so I guess that would make it Medieval). I would recommend it, because even though I am not a fan of that time period, I enjoyed reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princess and the Hound was a fantastic book. I'm not sure it states that it's Medieval, but it sure felt that way. It has a ton of Myth/Fairy Tales elements if you're interested in that sort of a thing. I do remember reading Timeline in HS and it's a time travel back into Medieval times. I remember the book was o.k., but I liked the movie better, which rarely ever happens.

    Here are some Goodread lists:

    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6829.YA_Medieval_historical_fiction

    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/869.Medieval_Fantasy_Books

    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/301.Best_Middle_Ages_Books#7669

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Sarah, for my class, the 1500s is a tad too late, but the book sounds interesting anyways :). And thanks, Devan, for all the recommendations :). I will go check them out on Goodreads now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...