Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that occurs here; we bloggers post about the books that we'd really like to read now :).

Both of these will be released June 7, 2011.

Hereafter (Hereafter #1) by Tara Hudson

Can there truly be love after death?

Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come.

When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.


+Is anyone eerily reminded of the cover of Die For Me when looking at Hereafter?  Switch out revenants for ghosts and there ya go.... But it does still sound interesting.  Why would this other ghost want to interfere?  (I really hope the answer isn't some twisted love triangle).  And why does she have no memory of her own death?  What makes her ghostly existence nightmarish?
+Forgotten sounds like an awesome thriller.  Who's doing the erasing?  How can she see events in the future?  Why 4:33 a.m.?  [Also wasn't sure which cover to post.  Amazon featured the one I posted but I've see this flower-filled one elsewhere.]

What're you waiting on this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. I like the sound of both of these but Forgotten definitely has me intrigued. It's going on my list.

    Here's my WoW for the week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!

    My WoW is here :) http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgotten definitely is one for my wish list. I love a good mystery. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look like great reads! Especially Forgotten, that one looks really amazing.

    Chloe
    Here's my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pick!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for Forgotten, it sounds similar to Memento (and I loved that movie).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to Hereafter as well.
    What am I waiting for this Wednesday? I'm really looking forward to this super awesome sequel!

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting for this one for a while, it sounds awesome. Please stop by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just added FORGOTTEN to my list. Definitely a thriller that sounds like something I would enjoy. HEREAFTER sounds great, too! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished Hereafter and it was fabulous! One of the best I've read this year!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-5-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-17th.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...