Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that occurs here; we bloggers post about the books that we'd really like to read now :).

Today, I'm waiting on Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
Release Date: April 17, 2012

What if you forgot your identity and had to rely on other people to tell you who you were? 

And what if to discover your true self, you first had to unravel a mystery so big and terrifying you were not sure you’d survive solving it?
 


When Marshall and Elyse wake up in each other’s arms with zero memory of how they got there or who they are, it’s the start of a long journey through their separate pasts and shared future. 

Terrified by their amnesia, the two make a pact to work together to find the answers that could jog their missing memories. As they piece together clues, they discover they’re in the idyllic mountain resort town of Summer Falls, where everyone seems mysteriously happy, but as Marshall and Elyse quickly learn, darkness lurks beneath the town’s perfect facade. Not only is the town haunted by sinister ghosts, but none of its living inhabitants retain bad memories of anything—not the death of Marshall’s mom, not the hidden shame in Elyse’s family, not even the day-to-day anguish of high school. 

Lonely in this world of happy zombies, Marsh and Elyse fall into an intense relationship...but the secrets they uncover could be the death of this growing love—and the death of everyone, and everything, they love in Summer Falls.


-This sounds right up my alley with the mystery and suspense it promises.  I'm intrigued that both characters don't know what happened.  Sort of like a drunken hook-up gone wrong but more drastic and with much more sinister consequences :P.  Also, yay!  I love romance, and this thankfully does not present a love triangle.  Plus, look at that pretty cover!

What're you waiting on this Wednesday?

12 comments:

  1. YES! I almost featured this one this week, too. It really does have all the elements that I love in a good story. Excellent pick!


    Stephanie @ Poetry to Prose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only noticed this unitl today, but it does look amazing! Added to my to-read list.
    Enjoy this book!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG This looks sooo good. I love the cover too! A flawless blonde; quite intriguing. Thanks for sharing GLIMMER with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds great!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I added this to me TBR list the other day. Looks brilliant :)

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fangirled over this and a few more HarperTeen covers when I came across them a few days ago. I love Phoebe Kitanidis' writing! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued that both MC have lost memories too and I am always highly curious when the word idyllic is used. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one before. It sounds fantastic - no memory, oh the possibilities! Great pick, I'll be adding it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a thrilling read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great, I hadn't heard of it so it's going on my list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMAO! I love your sum up of the book! It does sounds good a little bit of mystery and romance, just what I like!

    My WoW

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this book yet but, OMG it sounds really good! I need to add it to my TBR pile like now :) New follower; awesome blog!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...