Saturday, July 30, 2011

Do you write YA? Want to be in a critique group?

This is a post for all of you who write YA in addition to reading it.
Would you like to be a part of a critique group?

Kate, a fellow book blogger, posted about this a couple weeks ago.  We had a group of five up until this Saturday when two people dropped out because of the time commitment.  So now the group is down to three.  Would any of you like to join us?

In summary (as Kate posted):
  • We write YA and are looking for fellow YA writers
  • Kate lives in the UK while Chessie and I live in the US, but we are open to doing this with anybody, no matter where you live.  We will probably talk via email and Skype (although you MUST be English speaking/writing).
  • We are looking for people who can handle an honest criticism (we're not evil about it, though).
  • We are looking for people who will do the same as above with us.

If you're interested
, send an email to thatbookblog (at) live (dot) co (dot) uk and let Kate know.  If that doesn't work, try KJEdisbury (at) live (dot) co (dot) uk or  KJEdisbury (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk.

Please only email Kate if you are serious about doing this.  I'd hate for her to get like 15 emails and then have everybody drop out because of a time commitment.

Thanks :).  Have a great day!


*Thanks to those of you who have replied.  We're now complete and ready to go/cannot accept anyone else for fear of having too large of a group.*

2 comments:

  1. I'm attempting to write a YA novel. I don't have Skype though, or a whole lot of free time available (not that I'm not available, just have limited time)... but I would love to do this. I need honest feedback on my work and don't really have people with the knowledge to help. Do I need to have Skype? In any case, I'm going to think about this. I might be back to get that email address. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Im so bummed I missed this!!!! I've been looking for a critique group!!! Well, I'm glad you guys found some people!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...