Thursday, July 21, 2011

Follow Friday (3)



Follow Friday is a meme hosted by parajunkee.com and alisoncanread.com (as you can see ;)).

Name three authors who you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking either about their books or get advice for writing from.


1. Kristin Cashore, author of Fire and Graceling.

2. Richelle Mead, author of the Vampire Academy series + other adult series

3. Tie: Andrea Cremer, author of Nightshade, or Ally Condie, author of Matched.

I love all of their books... and all of these authors have very different writing styles which constantly amaze me.  I have dog-eared a lot of pages in their books because even though I've read a scene maybe ten times and know exactly what the book says, the words still affect me.  And I wish to God that my writing could hold that much sway with others.  I would buy/read anything these authors wrote.


Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop (2), a meme hosted by www.crazy-for-books.com:

What is the one genre you wish you could get into but just can't?

You know... I was thinking about it but there isn't all that much in YA that I don't like to read... except for maybe nonfiction YA, which I'm not sure there is a lot of.  I read more of a few genres than others but really, I'm not all exclusive.  Except for experimental types... but that's not really a genre within YA and has only a few select books in the adult section anyways.

Basically I don't read non-fiction all that often and the "experimental" genre, but honestly I don't wish I could get into that stuff.  I just don't like it and I don't know enough people who read that for me to want to read it myself.

Also, classics aren't a genre... but I do wish I read more classics/enjoyed them more.  (Or at least what are typically considered classics...)

20 comments:

  1. I've seen the lack of non-fiction aimed at young adults mentioned in some library science articles.

    Since last week's pie chart about where I get my books was so popular, I thought I'd share what types of books I do read. Please stop by to see which genres I don't typically read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm hopping through & following you.
    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi & Happy Friday!

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower!! Jumping on the FF fun for the first time!

    Here are my choices!

    http://can-duu.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-follow-me-friday.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Follower.

    The Vampire Academy! I have a love/hate relationship with that series. Still getting around to reading Matched!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I'd love to meet Andrea and Ally too. I can't wait until Wolfsbane comes out in a few days.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Mead! I love her writing style and have yet to find a book she wrote I don't like! I'm a new follower. My answers are up at Coffee Table Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re: Book Blogger Friday
    I chose non-fiction as well! It makes me feel like I'm back in school, and it just doesn't stick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I love your pick of Richelle Mead, she's amazin! I've yet to read Fire and Graceling, hopefully soon though.

    Here's my FF if you'd like to check it out ^_^ http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop-1.html

    New follower, happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Richelle Mead would be fabulous, although I might have to grill her about about what she did to Dimitri!

    I haven't read Graceling yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a copy of Graceling sitting on my shelf, that I haven't gotten around to yet. I've actually read the first two chapters months ago, but for some reason or another I didn't finish it. I am planning on it, though.

    But, I'd totally want to meet Richelle Mead, she seems like she'd be a fabulous personality. Plus, I've heard some great things about how super nice and amazeballs she is! ;)

    Happy Friday Hops, have a grrreat weekend!
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Friday Hops (+) Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, new follower here! Richelle Mead is one of my faves, though she didn't make it on my author picks. Check 'em out: http://andinovelista.blogspot.com/2011/07/feature-follow_21.html#comments

    ~andi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just hopping by.... I have to agree with the Non-fiction.. Does one really "read" non-fiction? I don't know...

    Drop by Pineapples & Pyjamas to see my answer.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I said non-fiction also. Unless it's a memoir about someone who was a member of a strange religion. I find polygamists really fascinating.

    http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, old follower :D

    Great Author picks, I would love to meet Kirsten Cashore and Richelle Mead!

    -Kate ( http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi. Happy Belated FF from a new follower. Interesting choices; don't think I've seen any of those authors in anyone else's list yet.

    http://shikiharu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Non-Fiction is a hard one to get into. I love memoirs, but historical non-fiction gets me sometimes.

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally forgot about Kristin Cashore! I love her!

    New follower with extra time!

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...