Thursday, September 8, 2011

Follow Friday (7)


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at www.parajunkee.com and Alison at www.alisoncanread.com.

Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of the story?  If so, which one?


I think I'd have to choose Jake from the Halo trilogy by Alexandra Adornetto.  When I bought Halo, it was mostly because 1. The cover is very pretty and 2. Ms. Adornetto/Grace is a young writer, and I wanted to see her writing level.  I actually think she's a great writer... but I hate the idea of the series.  Also, Halo went so slowly for me and the co-dependency of Beth & Xavier makes me think of Twilight all over again... only less realistic.  And then, when you have the demon, who, by the way, isn't really all that evil and doesn't seem very dangerous, prance in and attempt to break up Beth & Xavier, well, yeah, I'm going to root for him. I rooted for him in Hades too (though I'm not sure why I bought that book since I didn't really enjoy Halo). 

I can't really think of other YA books that have a villain who's more awesome than the protagonist and I don't read enough adult novels to think of one off the top of my head there.

What about you?

4 comments:

  1. Ah, you hit on the the triangle loves. I didn't even think of that. Because now I have to say Jacob was better then Edward. Bah, look at what you started ;)

    Black Disaster Fairy



    A World of Personality

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book but I generally want the main character to win!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Halo yet, but I completely agree with you from what I've heard about the series!

    Amanda @ Letters Inside Out: My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know there have been books where I wanted the villain to win more than the hero, but for some reason I can't think of any of them right now. It was probably a book I didn't like, and I probably didn't like the book because I didn't like the main character, which is why I wanted the villain to win...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...