Monday, January 23, 2012

5 Reasons I Love Being a Book Blogger

All the author/reviewer drama made me question what my place in this book sphere is... but then I decided it didn't really matter. I'm doing what I love and would like to share with you guys why I love being a book blogger.  Put some positive vibes out there, you know?

1. Getting to talk about books with all of you/making blogger friends.


I'm a college student. Any time I mention that I read/review books on the side, students look at me like they don't know what to make of me. My friends always ask me, "How do you have the time?!"  The issue isn't that I have more time than them; it's that I like doing this and spend my free time reading while they do other things in their free time. And I love that there are people out there like me who spend their free time with novels. I love that you guys have chosen to follow my reviews and comment and discuss these issues with me. I love that I have a place to go to when I want to rave about books, when I want to share my passion for all things literary.

2. Age does not matter. Nationality does not matter.

What I really love about book blogging is that it can bring people together regardless of their age and nationality. It always makes me happy to see viewers from all over the world visiting my blog. It always makes me happy to see older and younger readers connecting with the same books I love.

3. Contributing in some way to this literary world.

When I love a book, what better way to show my appreciation of the author's talents than to talk about it? To help spread word in any way possible? I don't expect anything when I post my reviews, but I'm not going to lie: when I see that an author has taken a blurb from my review or retweets the review etc. etc., he/she makes me happy. I love being able to advance a book; I love being a part of this world.

4. Interviewing authors.

When I first started this blog, I didn't even know that interviewing authors was a possibility. I haven't done that many interviews yet, but I always like reading them and I'm always surprised by the grace with which the authors conduct themselves. My suburb was so small that authors never visited the local bookstores, so the idea of virtual tours makes me happy. I love any and all ways that I can connect with the people I admire.

5. Meeting fellow writers.

Through this blog and other book blogs, I've met fellow writers and my critique partners and not a day goes by without me being grateful for the outreach that this blog offers me.

For me that's it. It comes down to a love of books and wanting to share them with others and having the opportunity to interact with writers who I admire. If those interactions turn negative, then so be it; they won't devalue what I do here. I don't care if people call me a book reviewer, book blogger, book lover, etc. etc. I am what I am, and I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to do this.

Thank you guys for being awesome readers. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, though my haven and place to share is more centered around writing. I love the Internet, especially blogs and websites where it's more interactive, simply because I get to reach out and touch and talk to people I never would have met if it was, say, 50 years ago.

    Speaking of critique partners, did you get my email about the chapter you sent me? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. There are just so many things to love about book blogging and it is nice to read your thoughts.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...