Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Should I continue with these read-alongs?

I started rereading Divergent and reading Days of Blood and Starlight and posting quick summaries plus my reactions to what had happened for read-alongs here on the blog. The posts have been getting a somewhat decent amount of pageviews, but very few people have commented. Half the fun in a read-along is being able to share your experience of a book with others. I completely understand the reasons why people don't always comment - time, laziness, etc. A lot of factors that affect me too, so, yes, I understand. That also makes me less inclined to continue, since there aren't too many other ways of judging who's reading with me/who I'm writing these posts for.

If the posts aren't really engaging, is it me? Is it the time of year? Is it your work schedule? For whatever reason, it seems that people aren't as enthusiastic about the read-alongs as I had hoped they would be, so I'm thinking of stopping them. Unless people voice a serious objection, this post explains why you're not seeing anymore write-ups on Divergent or Days of Blood and Starlight.

4 comments:

  1. To be honest, I skip over any "read-along" blog posts on any blog. I think they are a good idea in theory (because it's like an online book club), but it just isn't that interesting if I'm not reading the book (and in the same place of it) at that very moment too, which is very unlikely.

    That being said, I LOVE stalking my Goodreads friends' status updates about what they are currently reading to see their reactions about certain parts of books, etc. I just think that's a much more fun way of engaging in communication about a book than in a read-along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually ignore readalongs, but I think it's fun seeing your opinions. I commented on Divergent, but I haven't read Days of Blood and Starlight yet, so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your informations!!
    keep posting and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, true. There are a lot of reasons not to continue. One of my friends is reading Days of Blood and Starlight and was excited about the read-along, only she's much farther in the book than I am, and didn't know what had happened in the book up to the points I'd read (despite my summaries). Goodreads is a fun place for read-along types too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...