Monday, January 14, 2013

My Most Anticipated Read of 2013

Release Date: August 20, 2013
Published by: Dial

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.


I know I've written a lot on how irritated I am with straight paranormal romance right now, but this sounds as if it will include so much more, and as if it has a great twist to what's expected. Seriously, whoever wrote that blurb, author or editor, has pure genius! I read somewhere else that the book has got hints of Stephen King and F. Scott Fitzgerald. That + the blurb + the cover?

Sign me up now!

(Also, I do believe Melissa Marr has blurbed this book, and I've yet to read a book MM has blurbed that I haven't enjoyed. So that in addition the rest? *Needs book*)

What's your most anticipated read of 2013?

7 comments:

  1. This books is definitely on my TBR list! Can't wait until it comes out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I hadn't heard anything about this one but ooooh. I love the cover, the title, the synopsis. But so long to wait!! My most anticipated read is without a doubt Clockwork Princess. Dying for that book

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this book, It sounds great. I have to add it to my TBR list now. Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of this book before but the blurb and cover are are both amazing! It's going on my TBR list immediately. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! I'm dying for this one too Christina. I was sold based on the cover alone, and then I read the blurb and decided I might die of impatience before this book comes out. So amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to resist making grabby hands at this one, even thought I REALLY want to. The blurb makes me pause, because it's all about the guy coming, and these books often end up being traps for me. However, I'm hoping the reviews are amazing, because then I can stalk it unashamed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Everyone!! Add this book! I'm 40 pages in, and the writing is SO fantastic. I'm loving the MC too. More to come later :D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...