Monday, February 4, 2013

Fewer Posts

This is a quick update post to say that I'll probably only be posting once a week for the coming months. Right now, life's been a bit hectic because I'm taking 5.5 credits (1.5 more than usual; this works for some people, but college has been pretty difficult for me), trying to keep up with my reading for college and for this blog (and to write engaging posts and comment on other people's blogs and stay involved in the community etc.), trying to figure out when I can spare eight hours to go into lab for my thesis, trying to keep up with emails/other contacts (if my CPs are reading this, don't worry about sending me your WIPs; I'll make time and get feedback to you as soon as you need it), trying to research neuroscience and psychology professors who might have an opening in their labs for next year, trying to find other jobs in case that doesn't work, trying to research graduate schools, trying not to fired from being an RA, trying to enjoy the time that I have left with my friends before we all go our separate ways etc. etc....

What's also really sad is that I'm finally in classes that I've picked wholly on my own because they seemed interesting. My first two years in college, I was miserable because like Allyson in Just One Day, I took classes that others had expected me to take. For instance, my mother told me that I should take Calculus III my first semester because my brothers, John and Anthony, had. The pre-medicine fast track also recommended taking Calculus I or II or III, a math class your first semester. So I did. And I hated it and didn't get along with the professor whose lectures were so confounding and boring and argh. (I've always hated math). Point is, that's changed (can't believe I summed the terribleness of those years and finding it in myself to change in two words lol), and I've now mostly fulfilled my major requirements, so this semester is all about me! Socialization of Gender, Biological Basis of Psychopathology, Children's Literature, Cognitive Psychology, and Neurobiology (req). And friends and jobs and writing and reading and life.

AND all of this is to say: please bear with me, readers and friends :). Once I actually have a job secured / know what I am doing next year, I'm sure everything will be much better.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...