Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lush on Thursday

Lush on Thursday is essentially the spotlight feature here at Christina Reads YA. For a further explanation of what the feature means, read my first ever LoT post :).

Today's pick is...


Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
Release Date: March 14, 2014
Published by: Katherine Tegen

Soon, Elusion® will change the world and life as we know it.

A new technology called Elusion is sweeping the country. An app, visor and wristband will virtually transport you to an exotic destination where adventure can be pursued without the complications—or consequences—of real life.

Regan is an Elusion insider. Or at least she used to be. Her father invented the program, and her best friend, Patrick, heir to the tech giant Orexis, is about to release it nationwide. But ever since her father’s unexpected death, Regan can’t bear to Escape, especially since waking up from the dream means crashing back to her grim reality.

Still, when there are rumors of trouble in Elusion—accusations that it’s addictive and dangerous— Regan is determined to defend it. But the critics of Elusion come from surprising sources, including Josh, the handsome skeptic with his own personal stakes. As Regan investigates the claims, she discovers a disturbing web of secrets. She will soon have to choose between love and loyalty…a decision that will affect the lives of millions.

Suspense, thrills, and romance fuel this near-future story about the seductive nature of a perfect virtual world, and how far one girl will go to uncover the truth behind the illusions.


First: !!! That cover. It's like the cover of Matched but less sterile, more beautiful, which, of course, seems to fit with the illusion part of the synopsis.

Second: Yay for futuristic stories! Sometimes they can really hit the mark, so I'm hoping this one has everything I'm looking for in a good story.

Third from the authorsClaudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam's ELUSION, pitched as an "Inception"-type futuristic thriller series about three teenagers attempting to solve a mystery with serious personal stakes, that leads them inside an alternate reality game which transports users to dangerously seductive Utopian world, and ETHERWORLD, to Katherine Tegen and Sarah Shumway at Katherine Tegen Books, in a significant deal, by Christy Fletcher at Fletcher & Company (for Gabel) and Esther Newberg at ICM (for Klam) (NA). Foreign/UK: Fletcher & Co. Film: Josie Friedman and Nick Harris at ICM.

I am a huge Inception fan. While I think that Christopher Nolan could have done a lot more with the premise of the movie, it, as a film, was gorgeous... and zero gravity scenes!!! Here: alternate reality games! Dangerously seductive worlds. Yes. So yes.

Four: seriously visit their announcement of the series. It's such a cute story.

What are you hoping to read soon? Is there a book you think I should read ASAP? Something you've read recently that you lovelovelove?

7 comments:

  1. OMG that cover! I'd pre-order on the cover alone... And then the premise just totally makes it that much more interesting.


    I love the blog announcement -- too cute!


    I'm really looking forward to reading Shadow & Bone... I know, I know, I'm behind the times on that one, but it's on my finish by the time summer is over list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenea WhittingtonJune 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM

    I love the cover! I think it sounds awesome too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is STUNNING. Really. And it sounds fantastic--even though the synopsis gave me a bit of a Under the Never Sky vibe. Or at least the beginning of Under the Never Sky. Still, this sounds great!


    Blythe @ Finding Bliss in Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, woah, I didn't even think of Under the Never Sky, but you're right. It does sound a lot like it. That could be a positive though -- I enjoyed that book and Rossi's writing. Thanks for stopping by, Blythe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge Inception fan, too...really hoping this book lives up to its potential. I love the Etherworld described in the announcement...but like Blythe, it reminded me of Under the Never Sky. Not a bad thing at all, though, especially since it will be the focus of this novel and not just an aside. And, gawd, I want that cover on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I thought Etherworld was just the name of the second book, but it would be so awesome if they included elements of that into the Utopian based / Under-the-Never-Sky-like world. And yeah--the Inception thing also makes me wary. If it isn't like my expectations or quite up to the potential it has... :(. And the cover would make for one beautiful poster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSS I hope you enjoy Shadow and Bone!! Before the summer is over - I'll keep track of that deadline, and see whether you've kept up with it :P.

    I knooow. I would stop and stare at this cover in a bookstore. It's beautiful and a bit trippy but still this catches your eye.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please make sure to indicate your blog name so that I can return the favor later :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...