After spending an amazing day and night together in Paris, Just One Year is Willem's story, picking up where Just One Day ended. His story of their year of quiet longing and near misses is a perfect counterpoint to Allyson's own as Willem undergoes a transformative journey, questioning his path, finding love, and ultimately, redefining himself.
^--- A little disappointing that there's not much more of a synopsis anywhere - GR, Amazon, etc.
This is the one title that I actually filled out a request form for. I've done that a total of ... three? four? times since I've started my blog. If the ARC request form is available on the author page, and I want the ARC badly enough, I will fill it out. This title is one I really want. I haven't heard anything about this though, and I never heard anything about those other times either so.. *sigh*
WHY THIS TITLE NEEDS TO COME SOONER:
- Willem was acting strangely in Just One Day. I'm not sure I've forgiven or started to like him quite as much as Ms. Forman's other characters, but I want to know his story... ASAP.
- The little teaser at the end of Just One Day... Need more nao! :)
- It's Gayle Forman. She's got this beautiful writing style that effortlessly embeds truth into the narrative. If I Stay is one of the books that defines me as a YA reader, partly because of her writing style.
- Allyson. I suspect she'd make for a great book girl friend. Plus, I want to see whether the growth she went through in JOD holds through in JOY.
- Self discovery + character growth + contemporary romance + Parisian setting / traveling and all the fine stains that come with it :D = yes please.
What are you hoping to read soon? Is there a book you think I should read ASAP? Something you've read recently that you lovelovelove? Have you read Just One Year/